Friday, March 9, 2012

Dancing the Tango

Yesterday night, I learned how to dance the tango! The students of ISA went to a tango club called "La Viruta" which translates into woodchips. It's so called for the movement of the feet in the dance are said to take woodchips out of the floor.

Learning the steps was easy. There are seven steps to the basic tango and then we were also shown two variations to the step. I was doing well..... until I danced with a partner.

I'm horrible at following!

For some reason, my feet want to do their own thing, without letting the man take the reins. For one of the steps, the man leads with his shoulders and the woman is to do this figure-eight step with her feet. My partner lead with his shoulders one way and my feet decided they would rather go the other way.

Maybe with more practice, I'll actually get it down..... maybe.

Just for fun, I've attached a youtube video of the tango:

http://youtu.be/j-Iv76apVwc

Buen día!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun!!! Good for you for trying...when you are such a good leader in other aspects of your life it is hard to let go of the reins in other parts...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! It's a bad/good habit of mine to want to lead.

      Delete