A couple weekends ago, I traveled with a group of friends to Mendoza!
Mendoza is a province of Argentina, about a 13-14 hour bus ride. It's a drier climate, perfect land and air for vineyards. It also includes the Andes.
We stayed in a hostel and the very first day there, we went on a wine tour. It was very interesting and we got to try various types of wine, mainly red. I'm not really a huge red wine fan, but I can appreciate it and also appreciate how much work goes into making it.
We went to two vineyards, the first being family owned. You can only buy their wine directly from them! The second vineyard was a little larger, where they combine new technology with old traditions. After visiting the vineyards, we also went to a place where they make olive oil. It was really good!
The next day, we went into the Andes mountains. We took a bus to Puente del Inca, which is a naturally made bridge the Incas used and built a spa underneath. Most of the spa was ruined by a flood, but the bridge is still there. It was a really awesome sight to see!
From there, we hike 3km up the mountain to Aconcagua Provincial Park. From this park, we had an amazing view of Aconcagua, the biggest mountain in the Americas. The view was breathtaking!
I also headed to Portrerillos with a friend, which is a dam in the river in the middle of the mountains. It was a perfect day of hanging out by the water, hiking, and climbing foothills.
I had such a great experience in Mendoza and highly suggest visiting it if you ever get the chance!
P.S. Pictures to come soon! For some reason, my computer isn't letting me upload them onto my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment